List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article on the dot? OSnews calls KDE4 "the most
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2007-02-20 21:14:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 17:48, Niels van Mourik wrote:
> Hi,
> Altough this two pages article is some days old I think it deserves a nice
> article/reference on the Dot.
>
> I think this article gives a quite good image of what KDE4 is (and going to
> be), and what "multi-platform" means, to the normal user.

The "problem" with the article is that it is basically just assuming that KDE
will be a great multi-platform framework (we of course know it is true) and
it has a couple of comparisons with other options which are neither thorough
nor fair (e.g. not the same scale, like comparing Qt with "KDE" and implying
that Qt is not good for multi-platform).

Just to make sure, this is all IMHO.

Cheers.
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring