List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] In need for name of a project
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-27 1:09:22

Am Samstag, 27. Januar 2007 01:44, schrieb Joseph M. Gaffney:
> On Friday 26 January 2007 05:44:22 pm Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > kimdaba used to be a favourite example of mine, but they fixed that:
> > > now it's kphotoalbum. much better.
> >
> > But claims a pretty general term. How to name another one? KPhotoalbum 2?
>
> Or maybe KPhotoBook, or maybe drop the K, and go with PictureGallery, or
> something more interesting, like daguerreotype, and have a historical
> reference.  Still on topic though.

And these names will people help to distinguish them? Instead of mixing them
up because of being similar in the referenced semantics? (do you know
the "Life of Brian", with "People's Front of Judea" and Co. ;)

Would be an interesting research topic. Or can anyone already throw her
invented numbers? ;)

Well, most people cannot even distinguish between the computer, Windows, and
Word. So they might be lost anyway, be the text processor named Word or
Kuhliefumdensee.

So, the question might be: where would a name be of any use? And what is this
all worth given the number of close-to-only-native speaking persons using it?

> Ok I'm going to stop or I'll probably keep going on a lengthy email,
> without a real reason.  Chalk it up to being hungry, and a bit bored, on a
> friday night ;)

Let's put the reason to me having someone else to answer to than only Aaron,
not that I mind :P

My friday starts now, quite time for bed :)
Friedrich