List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] In need for name of a project
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-26 21:14:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 26 January 2007 12:32, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > i was mostly referring to me being able to send you information from my
> > store, much as i can with a vCard now, but with all this extended data on
> > the individual.
>
> Given a standardized format, or vcard field names, this should be possible.
> Or what do you mean by store? Your "company"? Data storage?

the information i have stored using your framework on my personal computer, my
local network or my company's network. so ... yes. ;)

> > i would assume this would be possible, but i'm wondering if
> > this "sharability" is at all intended to be an interesting and core part
> > of the system?
>
> Not sure what you are up here, but the data should be of course
> transferable/exchangeable with others? You mean approaches to the problem
> that links to other persons or groups cannot make use of uuids, because
> there is no common id system? Yes, not in the scope right now, but for
> import/export something to be solved later.
> I try one step after the other :)

what i'm trying to do is to get a good idea of the intended scope of the
project, and you're helping me do that very well. so.. thanks =)

with a good understanding of the scope of the project, it then becomes
possible to consider possible naming schemes.

the last bit of info i'm looking for is the relationship, if any (including
future intended possibilities), with akonadi.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se