List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] In need for name of a project
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-26 18:22:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 26 January 2007 5:07, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > is there a "social networking" aspect to this, such that one can create
> > relationships between people (groups?) and record various types of
> > information?
>
> On my sketch is that there can be links between persons, and persons and
> groups, and groups and groups, so yes. But I have only a few use cases,

ok, so the name may want to take into consideration the ideas of fuller
representation of the individual and networks/relationships between them.

> > for that matter can someone push their persona out to other
> > people's models much as we exchange contact information with vCards
> > today?
>
> At last aKademy Torsten Rahn proposed in a discussion to just drop KABC
> resources and import the addressbook directly from Xing/openBC. Not
> something I personally would advocate, after all ones contact data is/can
> be sensitive. Same with binding to single providers, perhaps an P2P
> approach is the better idea anyway. Or both.

yeah, i think this idea has very limited application as well. e.g. i'm really
not sure how this would work out in most corporate environments.

> But yes, it is be an interesting idea. I hope that the aspect of
> synchronizing ones data (partially) with other databases is orthogonal to
> the modelling and can be done later/by some who want this :)

i was mostly referring to me being able to send you information from my store,
much as i can with a vCard now, but with all this extended data on the
individual. i would assume this would be possible, but i'm wondering if
this "sharability" is at all intended to be an interesting and core part of
the system?

> > (these are questions that would affect my thinking on the name =)
>
> The project will be open for this, but I personally don't have it on my oh
> so stuffed already agenda.

fair enough =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo