List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] target audience
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-12-06 19:26:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 05:48, ingo wrote:
> I for one would benefit from getting some idea or other about who or what
> our "target audience" consists of. Who reads or is likely to come across
> kde.dot.news? I thought it was people in the know who don't need kde
> plugging, but this does not seem the case (makes sense really, "kde-promo"
> - doh!).

The audience of the dot is the wider Community, also the dot is often used as
a source for other news site. It's more or less our official news outlet.
Expect the audience to have basic knowledge of what KDE is, what Open Source
is.

> As for ideas, I'm really happy about the configurability options kde
> provides and wouldn't mind putting something to that effect down on paper
> (can we use screenshots as well?). But again, knowing who to write for -
> even in the broadest sense - would help.

Yes, we can use screenshots. They can usually be put up on a webserver
(Jonathan, how is that done usually?)

> @ Wade - I'm may be no woman, but I'm a business :) Have I mentioned that I
> really appreciate the configurability options kde provides and would be
> happy enough... :)
>
> Talking about screenshots and configurability, it took me a lot of time to
> get my kde as I wanted it. Well, just reading through all the options was a
> major nightmare actually. How about a few screencasts (both for "Mac"
> lookalikes like Kubuntu or "normal" Control Center" distros) which walk the
> discerning viewer through a couple of useful steps?

Well, sounds like you're the perfect candidate to write an article about KDE
configurability. Deal?

Cheers,
--
sebas