List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] [8/8] Future of the Marketing Working Group
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-23 9:50:11

On Thursday 23 November 2006 09:18, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > When we identify something which is vital to the marketing strategy, then
> > we shouldn't just fuzz about, but have a group of people who decide to
> > act together on one thing.
> >
> > That way we don't split out and do something here something there, but
> > instead get clear messages delivered and get a strong focus: "This is
> > what happens to KDE _now_."

This is an excellent idea; it boils down to "lead by example" and exemplifies
what KDE is good at. At the same time it will require commitment and
discipline to do: when "we" decide to do X, then everyone should indeed do X
(or abstain and do something else that does not interfere with X) and not
bitch and moan about it. Figuring out how to take decisions like that is a
big challenge -- witness -core-devel and some of the arguing going on there.

Lead by example. I think that the promo group has been very good at this so
far. Deciding we need folders and then going through with that, for instance.

I'm secretly hoping that y'all will decide that the website content needs a
good deal of proofreading and organizing and that you'll (a) first figure out
what you want to do (a') think about the existing marketing ideas for the
website (b) put on the hip-waders and do it, once there is a coherent plan.

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team   http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/