List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Q++
From:       "Joseph M. Gaffney" <cucullin () wtfisthat ! net>
Date:       2006-11-02 21:43:58

On Thursday 02 November 2006 15:48, Wade Olson wrote:
> What are some concrete things we can do (code of community conduct,
> standardized ways to approach users in IRC and mailing
> lists...whatever) to Q++?
>
> Wade

1) More LUG involvement... with free goodies perhaps
2) Adult education at high schools/libraries
3) Get KDE out there at non-linux/bsd/whatever yet technical events, like ham
radio, audio, video, gaming, whatever
4) Try and get distros that don't feature KDE prominently (ie: Fedora) some
help on the KDE side.  In discussions with Fedora official-types, the general
consensus is they just know gtk, which is why they don't put effort into KDE.
Not that they don't like it, but that their expertise is simply elsewhere.
5) KDE events - organize some KDE-specific events intended to demo KDE 3.5.x,
and show off KDE 4 concepts.  No BoF sessions, more trade-show style maybe.
6) Approach corporations (small-med biz)
7) Get KDE at EVERY linux/bsd/windows/consumer tech/whatever event that has
ever existed for the past 90 years.

Don't know whats reasonable, or even feasible, just some quick thoughts.

-Joseph M. Gaffney aka CuCullin