List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Script to semi-autogenerate the changelog
From:       Carsten Niehaus <cniehaus () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-08-12 13:28:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi

I have again something like 80 bugfixes in my inbox but not the time to
add them all. So I took the time and coded a script which does half the
job for me.
First, it removes all the useless crap from the mails and the generates
such an XML

<product name="kdeui">
<bugfix rev="566543" bugno="">Don't draw a highlighting line above
KPopupMenu title sections.
It looks very out-of-place, especially when using styles with rounded
PE_HeaderSections.
BUG: 71452</bugfix>
</product>

It is not yet sorted by module (kdelibs, kdeedu...) but that will also
be implemented :-) The script can be found here:

/trunk/www/sites/www/announcements/changelogs/cl.rb

svn cat
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/www/sites/www/announcements/changelogs/cl.rb

I create a folder, copy the cl.rb in it, move all commit-mails into the
folder and then run ./cl.rb. This generates a cl.xml which I open in a
splitview with the real xml-file and start moving things around.

Comments?

Carsten