List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] linux.conf.au 2007
From:       "B. E. Irwin" <beirwin () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2006-07-31 16:05:42

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Clarence Dang wrote:

> Dear kde-promo and Aussie KDE developers,
>
> As you may know, linux.conf.au [http://conf.linux.org.au/] is being held at
> UNSW, Sydney January 15-20.  I met Brad yesterday and he suggested that some
> KDE people from Australia run a presentation or similar (hence, I've CC'ed
> everyone I know from Australia).  I think this is a great idea!
> I'm really thrilled and excited about this and I would be happy to do the
> heavy lifting to get this going.
>
> The submissions deadline is in 1 month: September 1, 2006.  As far as I can
> see, this is just for a 400 word proposal so we have a few more months to
> hash out the details - please correct me if I'm wrong.

Clarence,

Earlier this year I volunteered to put together information on
conferences/events that KDE people would likely want to attend.  I'm
continuing to do this as time permits (and hope to have something to share
with everyone on the kde-promo list by Sept. 1st -- sorry it's taking so
long, but life has a way of intervening).

Anyhow, I've just added linux.conf.au 7 to my database.  Clarence, is it OK
if I put you down as the KDE contact person?

Regards,
Barbara

Barbara Irwin
Victoria, B.C.  Canada

                       The Roman Rule: The one who says it cannot be done
 		      should never interrupt the one who is doing it.