List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] linux.conf.au 2007
From:       Albert Astals Cid <aacid () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-30 9:01:54

A Diumenge 30 Juliol 2006 10:14, Clarence Dang va escriure:
> Dear kde-promo and Aussie KDE developers,
>
> As you may know, linux.conf.au [http://conf.linux.org.au/] is being held at
> UNSW, Sydney January 15-20.  I met Brad yesterday and he suggested that
> some KDE people from Australia run a presentation or similar (hence, I've
> CC'ed everyone I know from Australia).  I think this is a great idea!
>
> Personally, I have never been to a linux.conf but as I live in Sydney, it
> would be remiss of me not to go this time and help promote KDE.  So, I have
> a few questions:
>
> 1. Who wants in?
>
> 2. Do we need any special permission from KDE i.e. the business about "this
> does not reflect official KDE views" etc.?

Nah, you are KDE developers so these are KDE views, moreover Brad and Hamish
are e.V. members so what more you want?

> 3. Any ideas on what we could present in addition to the standard
> Qt4-Plasma-Akonadi-Phonon-Solid-Oxygen?  I'm thinking we could focus on the
> desktop experience - apps like Amarok, okular, konqueror.

It depends if it is a user directed talk or not. I mean from a user POV i
don't care about Qt4 or Akonadi, but from a devel POV i care, so you first
have to sort out which audience are you targetting.

> Are there also
> any particularly excellent slides on KDE4 we could reuse/rehash?
>
> 4. I note that there is also an "Open
> Day" [http://conf.linux.org.au/about/openday].  Do you think a KDE stall
> fit there in terms of the flavour of the day?

I'd say it does.

> I'm really thrilled and excited about this and I would be happy to do the
> heavy lifting to get this going.

Good!

Keep up the good work!

Albert