List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Gnome.org choosing a CMS
From:       "Luke Parry" <parry.luke () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-21 15:23:33

Today, I looked at planet.gnome.org, a person wrote about Gnome
choosing a cms for the main website. Previously I created a 'rant'
about Kde.org using a CMS. I am not suggesting that KDE should use
one, without a fair argument of course. However in the future it could
be placed under consideration through discussion.

The point I want to suggest is that we could look at Gnome.org's
transformation a case study. There is a published list of what they
are requiring for a CMS,
(http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/DevelopmentTimeline) . Over the next
period of months it will advance further and we can see how it
evolves.

The difference I would be concerned is about the size of Gnome.org
compared to Kde. which is a factor to consider. Nevertheless it would
be useful if someone could keep track of their progress, that might be
useful for discussion later.

Luke Parry