List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Preparing for 3.5.4
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-28 14:17:26

Am Mittwoch, 28. Juni 2006 16:07 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:> On Wednesday 28 June \
2006 15:50, Tom Chance wrote:> > On Sunday 25 June 2006 14:39, Albert Astals Cid \
wrote:> > > A Dimarts 20 Juny 2006 23:45, Tom Chance va escriure:> > > > 3rd July - \
Have a reasonable idea of the interesting new stuff> > >> > > Interesting things i \
spotted:>> [...]>> > >   * Merge of coolo's media:/ branch that fixed lots of \
bugs/wishes> > >> > > Any volunteer to write the press release draft?> >> > Let's \
discuss these a bit first. We want one or two main messages to come> > out of this, \
and right now we have seven interesting points.> >> > Can anyone elaborate on the \
media:/ branch merge, or ask coolo about it?> > What interesting bugs and wishes were \
fixed/implemented? It looks like it> > could be bigger than the other things.>> \
Coolo, can you give any input on these changes? It allows mounting of all HAL devices \
and to edit the properties of this mounting (I miss a USB stick right now, but if you \
have one, go to media:/ and look at Properties). And it unmounts the devices (if not \
possible, it will give the user a feedback what processes are blocking it) if you \
press the eject button on your hardware. That should be it. Please be aware that this \
is Linux specific as it needs a recent HAL, but it's a general improvement against \
the solutions of most of today's distributions. Greetings, Stephan \