List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Preparing for 3.5.4
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2006-06-20 21:45:47

Ahoy,

This is your friendly reminder :o)

KDE 3.5.4 is currently earmarked for release on the 24th of July [1].Here are
some relevant promo deadlines:

3rd July - Have a reasonable idea of the interesting new stuff
10th July - Get a first draft of the press release on the list
17th July - Approve the final version of the press release
22nd July - Feed the press release to certain wires & trusted journalists
24th July - Coordinate sending stuff out and running a Dot story with TWG

Let's see if we can stick to that.

The first thing then is to start gathering intelligence about any interesting
stories to do with 3.5.4. Are there any new features, any significant
bugfixes, any interesting collaboration stories? Can we link the release to
any other bigger, more interesting stories to ride the wave of interest they
gather? Have we hit a translations milestone? Or are we stuck running the
traditional "minor improvements" line :(

Carsten, are you still on for producing the nice changelogs?

Regards,
Tom

[1] http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.5-release-plan.html

--
I'll give £100 to People & Planet if 20 people give £10.
Help me help this amazing student activist network!