List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Preparing for 3.5.4
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2006-06-20 21:45:47

Ahoy,

This is your friendly reminder :o)

KDE 3.5.4 is currently earmarked for release on the 24th of July [1].Here \
are  some relevant promo deadlines:

3rd July - Have a reasonable idea of the interesting new stuff
10th July - Get a first draft of the press release on the list
17th July - Approve the final version of the press release
22nd July - Feed the press release to certain wires & trusted journalists
24th July - Coordinate sending stuff out and running a Dot story with TWG

Let's see if we can stick to that.

The first thing then is to start gathering intelligence about any \
interesting  stories to do with 3.5.4. Are there any new features, any \
significant  bugfixes, any interesting collaboration stories? Can we link \
the release to  any other bigger, more interesting stories to ride the wave \
of interest they  gather? Have we hit a translations milestone? Or are we \
stuck running the  traditional "minor improvements" line :(

Carsten, are you still on for producing the nice changelogs?

Regards,
Tom

[1] http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.5-release-plan.html

--
I'll give £100 to People & Planet if 20 people give £10.
Help me help this amazing student activist network!