List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Take a look at Linux1.no
From:       "Mr Bulldog" <bulldogsay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-17 21:23:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Right, I understand that there are problems. The important procedure is to
remove older "What is KDE" pages, other than the one on the site (if there
are any). On the front page having an image or a large hyper link to What is
KDE, and aswell Try KDE would increase be useful for users visiting the
website. From this link it would come to a new page.

On the new page I would suggest we have different areas for the different
type of users - Everyone, Small Buisness, Organisations.  These could be
image hyperlinks that reflect each group and keeping it as simple as
possible will help the usability more. After the user clicks on the image
link they go to What is KDE page, with the information targetted to that
group.

It is my opinion, that it isn't wise to try and write one document that
summarises KDE for beginners, large organisations or even advanced computer
users. The primary reason there is conflict.  Keeping them seperate would
ensure there isn't any confusion between them. My first paragraph is a start
what could be done to solve this issue, but require coordination with other
people. The coordination is for someone to write an article related to the
needs of larger organisations and buisnesses - this I mentioned in an email
earlier.

If we get this right, it would introduce website users to KDE in a more
streamlined fashion. That would be brilliant!

--Didn't Send to Promo List.