List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Take a look at Linux1.no
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-06-16 20:45:56

On Friday 16 June 2006 19:30, Birger Kollstrand wrote:

> Now I ask again:
> Is there a god "10 points" to convince a new user to choose KDE when they want
> to try Linux?
> This would help me in local promoting in Norway. And I guess in other areas
> also.

Why are you asking other people? What if there was not the one and
only, always-true, everywhere-valid, for-everybody-fitting answer to
your question? Why would there by no Google hit, and no link on the
frontpage of www.kde.org if somebody had ever come up with such an
answer?

I suggest you find answer to *this* question first: "What are *my*
own, personal '10 good points' to convince a new user to choose KDE
when they want to try Linux?" Or even better: "...when I hear them
swearing about Windows?"

Once you have come up with 10 points (or 20, or 7 or 50), try to
condense them into an "elevator pitch"-style message. Then pose
them for discussion here. I'm sure it will help all those people
(I'm currently *not* one of them) who also may be dieing to hear an
answer, but who do not seem to take their own initiative to find an
answer....

Cheers,
Kurt