List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Take a look at Linux1.no
From:       "Mr Bulldog" <bulldogsay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-16 15:58:27

I mentioned earlier to the kde web team to sort out the homepage so
that it would have an image hotspot, or bigger link that went to the
page "Try Linux" on the side, this would clearly advertise and inform
users, who are coming to Linux, to choose KDE compared to gnome. This
especially makes it hard for users to use KDE, where they are given
advice from gnome users to try gnome for their distribution.

Look at gnome, they had  a big image towards it, well a week ago they
did. This should be issued on there. Also I propose making the page,
http://kde.org/whatiskde/ much shorter, it is too much to read for the
casual person or just give some of the key concepts of KDE, similar to
http://www.koffice.org/tours/1.5/. Not using screenshots maybe icons,
but brief for newer users. This would help introduce KDE efficiently.
Hope these ideas are useful -> I don't think the kde web team even
noticed as usual.

Another example is amarok, key list of bullet points. It is a bit too
short and plain in my opinon, but you know what they are talking
about.
http://amarok.kde.org/content/view/51/1/