List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Events calendar, was: Re: [mm-meeting] K5M ?
From:       "B. E. Irwin" <beirwin () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2006-06-08 22:31:37

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> On Tuesday 06 June 2006 16:38, Lars D. Noodén wrote:
> > Sebastian,
> >
> > Here is a feed the KDE events project can use if they want:
> >
> > 	http://kde-promo:quantum@www.horologiummirabileliberatum.info/c/kde_feed/e
> > xport.rss.pl/keyword=kde/horologiummirabileliberatum.rss
> >
> > The web interface for upcoming events:
> > 	http://www.horologiummirabileliberatum.info/c/search.pl/keyword=KDE
> >
> > The web interface for past events:
> > 	http://www.horologiummirabileliberatum.info/c/past.pl/keyword=KDE
> >
> > Let me know if there is any adjustment to the content or the
> > functionality.  (The scripts can appear a bit slow because they process
> > the query fully first, and then create the HTTP headers.  I plan to use
> > that to help cache queries sometime in the future because it let's me set
> > the date modified.)
>
> We'll test it as soon as we have our act together WRT events planning, might
> take some time though.
>
> Thanks a lot for you quick assistence, and feel free to drop by on kde-promo
> (or nag me in private e-mail if you have questions or suggestions).

Lars and Sebas,

I like the idea of sharing event info.  Sabas is correct about taking some
time to get the KDE event calendar off the ground.  I'm collecting info. on
meetings and have a template put together.  As I said earlier to the KDE
Promo list, we still have to sort out a few issues with Drupal before
porting the events stuff to the live site.  Meanwhile I continue to collect
meeting info. as I have time.

Barbara

Barbara Irwin
Victoria, B.C.  Canada

                       The Roman Rule: The one who says it cannot be done
 		      should never interrupt the one who is doing it.