List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] suggestions for next release process:
From:       Danil Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-06-01 16:16:38

Thursday 01 June 2006 00:47 Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 23:21, Danil Dotsenko wrote:
> > These are just practical milestones, stage change triggers for release
> > notes production. Having these around would shure help, at least me.
>
> This morning's grumpy meta-note: all the scheduling in the owrld won't help
> if we don't *follow* the schedule, and that means (in practice) that there
> is someone who keeps an eye on the schedule and can push people to work on
> the items on it.

Our problem was not organization. It was timing.

There was only ONE problem thins time around, and there is only ONE date that
is important to know - the planned release date. This time, I had no clue
when the packages are planned to be released. If someone who knows the
approximate date would post it here a week before - makes all the difference
in the world.

At this time, it sounds like we are trying to hide the date from the "evil
onlookers" and media. In the end, we leave majority of people who can help
out of the information loop.

1. What / who is the definitive source about the scheduled release date?
2. How far in advance is that date known?
3. How do we get those persons "in the loop" to announce it here ABOUT A WEEK
IN ADVANCE, so the proper release can be prepared?

--
Danil Dotsenko

 (\ /)
(O.o)