List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 3.5.3
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2006-05-31 18:11:24

Ahoy,

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 18:47, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 19:35, Danil Dotsenko wrote:
> > We need to design clear and easily achievable triggers of stage
> > completion. At this point, I COULD send the updates to kde-www, but not
> > sure I we are at that stage yet.
>
> That is why the bottom of
> http://www.spreadkde.org/handbook/release_promotion says "On the actual
> release day, co-ordinate the Dot announcement and press release
> distribution with the Marketing Team and the Technical Working Group.
> Otherwise chaos can ensue!"

And lo, minor chaos did ensue. In the future:

1. The files shouldn't be sent out to the mirrors until somebody from the
marketing team gives the OK (Martijn, Sebas, Wade, myself, anyone else?)

2. The press release isn't considered complete until a member of the marketing
team gives it a clear, unambiguous "OK this is final".

3. Once they say it's OK there should be at least a few days for some major
translations to be made, web pages prepped, the release put into wires that
take a couple of days to clear, etc. For big releases that should be weeks.

Regards,
Tom

--
I'll give £100 to People & Planet if 20 people give £10.
Help me help this amazing student activist network!