List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 3.5.3
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-31 17:47:52

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 19:35, Danil Dotsenko wrote:
> We need to design clear and easily achievable triggers of stage completion.
> At this point, I COULD send the updates to kde-www, but not sure I we are
> at that stage yet.

That is why the bottom of http://www.spreadkde.org/handbook/release_promotion
says "On the actual release day, co-ordinate the Dot announcement and press
release distribution with the Marketing Team and the Technical Working Group.
Otherwise chaos can ensue!"

At this moment I have no idea who's working on the press release, nor whether
any further update beyond Adriaan's last version is needed.

What's really beyond me though is why files are being put on the FTP *before*
we have the promo material ready. That should never ever be allowed to
happen.

--
Martijn