List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE 3.5.3
From:       Giovanni Venturi <gventuri73 () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2006-05-30 18:41:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alle 17:12, marted́ 30 maggio 2006, Arne Babenhauserheide ha scritto:
> The HTML-Doc I sent still needs the correct release date added.
> Other than that, stage 4 should be completed (I hope).

This is my 2 cent:

"After about 2 months from last stable KDE release here you are KDE 3.5.3. In
this version was fixed lots of bugs discovered directly from developers and
reported from the users.
In this minor release was fixed bugs, but it's been introduced some new small
features waiting KDE 4. The minor release doesn't introduce new features to
assure stability, but the next major release is far away to be released, so
to help users in waiting for KDE 4 some very small features was added, for
example was optimized the KDE startup time. In addition, in this more stable
KDE 3.5.3 version was added some solutions in the source code to avoid
potential security bug thanks to automagic tools. These tools has given KDE
and good high security level. So we got affidability, more speed, security
and stability.

A lot of bugs was removed from KHTML, some other bugs form KPDF, Konsole, some
crashes removed from Kopete, some bug cleaning from KTouch (an edicational
application), some other works in Umbrello, PIM and Quanta Plus. You can see
all in details from
http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelogs/changelog3_5_2to3_5_3.php

The new KDE version can be downloaded from http://www.kde.org/download/"

Giovanni
--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.16.16