List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] make events.kde.die ...
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-28 11:57:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 28 May 2006 13:19, Joerg Hoh wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 01:17:31PM +0200, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > On Sunday 28 May 2006 12:44, Joerg Hoh wrote:
> > > Collecting news and redistribute them over all sites which want them is
> > > a great idea. For creating such an RSS feed the dot is not the best
> > > idea; it would be good if we had a specialized (web-based?) front-end
> > > only for the purpose of creating/editing such a feed.
> > >
> > > Will take a look for such a software.
> >
> > I think any blogging software would do. Serendipity and wordpress are
> > among the more popular options then.
>
> Hm, blogging-Software is much oversized, when the only purpose is creating
> a correct RSS feed.

It has the added value that is supports categories, multi-user, it's webbased,
archiving is done automatically. Besides, it's probably the easiest way to
implement what we'd like to see.

The Dot has that kind of infrastructure already, though.
--
sebas

Do you know the difference between education and experience?  Education is
what you get when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when
you don't. - Pete Seeger