List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE4: Where are we heading to?
From:       "Mr Bulldog" <bulldogsay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-07 15:53:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Well I hope to agree on kde 4 and with qt 4 should make it much faster and
lighter to use, yet hopefully with integration with xgl or aiglx graphics
solutions it should have "better" effects than vista, well to me it does an=
be very fast and compatible on more machines on slower resources. The main
thing i worry about vista is that the GUI will be that "fat" when I play
games on it, which my family does have a dual bootable machine, games will
run a lot slower. This is the case with me and isn't really important but i=
is really EFFICIENCY. Getting the most out of your available hardware, not
what it can do or how fast it goes. Kde should be fast on machines that
aren;t powerful, yet it should give the availabilty for users who have good
computers to have their so called "Eye Candy". It is a blunt point, but lik=
you say a common unix system should beat a windows machine easily, this is
proven by some of the WINE tests performed in comparison of windows.

So generally if this is advertised  for kde 4, people will want it as for m=
and probaly most other people to have a system that isn't over bloated.

Luke  Parry