List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Recent Article by Wade Olsen
From:       "Mr Bulldog" <bulldogsay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-06 19:22:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Tom Chance Wrote:

Central planning by some leader would not only be bad practice, it would
go against the hacker ethic that informs the entire KDE Project's
structure.

--True True, but the thing that is really annoying me is important parts of
the marketing and promotions area, for me the kde questionnaire, where the
fact that I cannot just go out there and make up my own for the project I a=
doing is holding me back a bit. Important tasks on the project should some
how be managed, maybe not by one person but a team and let everyone have
their say on it.

--So what I am trying to get out is, that some tasks need to be done much
more organised and quicker or getting someone who knows what they are doing
on it.  As currently I have seen one version of a questionnaire, but nothin=
has been added.  This is the case I am suggesting that I have a problem
with. Mainly as i see that if the marketing working group base their ideas
of kde on something that the common public or kde users don't want it isn't
very helpful. That is the problems that comes from this.

--I do suppose when the better version of spreadkde comes up with a better
task manager it should become more organised and won't need leaders, but
perhaps a task turns into a bigger project than what is thought. Such as sa=
we had to create a movie. We would need a director or a producer, who is
really a leader and keeps control of what say the crew films. - Really I
phrased what I said was wrong, not having someone who controls the whole
marketing but ensures that they keep on track to a working goal that
everyone wants, basically quality control.

I'd Like to say thanks for Tom explaining about the current situation,
but...

The thing that will make me happy for a long duration of time is getting a
survey created for us to do. I had my own questions but it was argued that =
should add them to original one, wherever it is. I would be ultra, ultra
grateful if this could be sorted out as this is what I need for my project
for kde aswell as the whole promotion and marketing working group. Can
something be sorted out on this?

Thanks Luke Parry