List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] University Sponsorship
From:       Dave Rowe <dave () roweware ! com>
Date:       2006-03-22 21:16:45

Yes, this is the direction I was thinking, more of a organized class (credits, even?) \
in a traditional class setting, on campus.  Essentially people would be able to take \
the class as a third / fourth, etc, programming class.  I'm thinking about obtaining \
a Masters degree in CS, and sometimes the University will discount / trade tuition \
for teaching one or two classes.

Basically, I'm looking for ideas about proposing this line of classes.  There is \
currently a class on Linux administration, but I think there is a need for teaching \
students about the actual open source development.

I'm going for some specific direction as to how I should approach the 'powers that \
be' that determine what classes are taught, etc.  Write a proposal? (If so, how), \
etc.

Thanks for the responses so far!
Dave

--