List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Magazine title (discussion)...
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2006-03-09 0:49:29

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 23:26, Mike Martel wrote:
> Because, a site is going to be in the works :)
>
> The site isn't going to be (as per my plan), just a simple HTML site. I'd like
> to build a bit of a simple editorial system in and such, so by the time 80 to
> 90 percent of the issue is done, well, the site will have been completed...
>
> And, of course, if the site is ready, a name and logo will be ready, too.
>
> Even writing articles, as of now, is a bit further down the road. We need to
> just focus on an initial name,

Whatever.

My *basic* idea proposed was: make a first public announcement and ask for
a name proposing competition. This way we also can gain initial PR, attract
potential contributors and create some startup excitement. It would deliver
your proclaimed mantra of "interactivity" from the word go.

Wether doing the competition at 80-90% or at 10% of the work completed for
a first edition is not so much important. Just only do it once we know we've
*some* work done, and have some activists having more work going on.

Cheers,
Kurt