List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Italian KDE site
From:       Giovanni Venturi <gventuri73 () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2006-02-25 16:56:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alle 22:27, marted́ 21 febbraio 2006, Adriaan de Groot ha scritto:
> On Tuesday 21 February 2006 21:17, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> >  Joomla? Drupal? Wordpress? I don't know when
> >
> > > it
> > > will be on-line exactly I'm configuring the mail sever, the webmail and
> > > website but I let you know here when well be.
>
> Giovanni, it's a good idea to check with the e.V. - certainly you should
> mention that KDE and K Desktop Environment are trademarks of the KDE e.V. -
> for instance by sending mail to, um ... someone. How about I just pass this
> news on? Secondly, you may want to consider transfering ownership of the
> domain to the e.V. - which will reimburse you for costs, of course. That
Well I've taken the domain for 2 years and I don't think it can be changed in
the sense to be registered in name of someone else. Who to write to? I think
some KDE e.V. member is subscribed to this mailing list. I know some KDE e.V.
member personally I met them during the last 3 KDE developers meeting (Kastle
2003, aKademy 2004 and 2005), but who to write?
> might sound a little scary, but the e.V. is a legal entity with (among
> others) the purpose of holding KDE assets. There have been cases of
> KDE-branded domains held by individuals being "lost" to the KDE community
> and perverted, and giving the domain to the e.V. (if that is possible under
> the regulations of the registry) prevents that kind of problem.

I can immagine. I just want to start as soon as to putting the site on-line
deciding some things. The domain is hosted on my FreeBSD pc.
Do I have to write there? Can you inform me the correct way to go on?
> > Laurent Rathle is renovating the kde-france website with a Joomla
> > solution. If you are interested send him a mail lrathle@kde-france.org
> > and he will give you an access to the test site. The new website will use
> > the KDE style and maybe you could share our work.
>
> *Please* try to coordinate with existing websites here; send mail to
> kde-www at least to let people know what is happening. There's a veritable
> explosion of different CMSsen, hosting solutions, look-and-feels (good that
> you intend to stick to the default KDE one, but look at solid.kde.org and
> plasma.kde.org for a very different interpretation) and the family of
:( another mailing list subscription? Sure I contact him.
> kde-websites is becoming ever more of a mess and hard to keep in a single
> style than ever before. This is particularly important because I don't
> think the current look will last forever,and at some point we may have to
> (want to) switch everything over to something new.
>
> [ade]
Giovanni
--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.15.4