List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] applications and desktop
From:       Luke Parry <bulldogsay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-05 21:00:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Like Aaron says, we need to get a distinct boundary between applications
that "are needed" for the average person named Tony to get his work
done. When i think of this you need kmail, amarok, digikam, however with
most distro's there are hundreds of stuff added from gimp.

We need to tie together with strings all of the major applications that
are needed and brand them some way to show their importance to the KDE
desktop, as like we have to really target not just computer super
geniuses but beginners who require simple and easy to do applications
like them or windows based equivalents.

I think really a wiki has become outdated model for sorting out
documentation, something more clever, unique such as with KDE 4 loads of
flash bubbles could come up when a user first starts that are optional
guiding them on the new features. _that Aaron could implement easily
with plasma. However looking at manuals they are to confusing and very
boring to read through. Look at the windows manual it is a few pages
big, we need possibly a flash based environment that shows the features
and tells you information.