List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Linus Torvalds said: "KDE is the cream of the crop"
From:       Harald Sitter <harald.sitter () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-12-13 21:05:23

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 19:53, Patrick Trettenbrein wrote:
> He didn't say that literally but:
>
> In an interview Linus Torvalds said, that he favours KDE over GNOME. GNOME
> developers shouldn't demote users with hiding or simply not implementing
> config options in his opinion. As we know that Linus loves Konqueror too
> we've got a person with a weighty voice on our side! :)
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/67320 (German)
>
> If you want I can translate it and post it on the dot/here?
>
> Patrick

Well, Kurt already told the main points though I have to add that one doesn't
have to promote bad news (in this case bad for gnome). If they're
promoteworthy they'll promote their self by verbal propaganda etc.

And well, taking profit out of others loss reminds me on a big company which
tries to rule software user's life ;-)

--
Harald