List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Mobile KDE advertisements
From:       Christian Nitschkowski <christian.nitschkowski () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-11-26 17:30:19

Hi *!

As I'm new to this list, I'd like to introduce myself first.
My name is Christian Nitschkowski, I'm from Germany.
I've been involved in KDE in several ways.
You may know the tool "OpenOffice.org Quickstarter" which was my first KDE
application.
If you are in audio and MIDI stuff, you may have seen a little tool named
SysExxer.
At kde-apps you can find a fstab-editor, a small utility to configure desktop
shadows and a generic customizable feedback wizard.
In addition I provided some patches for Kexi and Kopete.
Now I'd like to help KDE on the promo side...

I wrote this to the kde-marketing list before, so if you're on this list too
don't be surprised to read it again ;-)

I had an idea for advertisements for KDE you may like to check and put this in
place.

So heres my suggestion:
Why don't you put KDE advertisements on cars?
I think this would really help to "spread the word", similar to those ads of
Firefox in NYT and other newspapers in other countries.
Finding people who want to provide you this "mobile ad space" shouldn't be too
hard I think as there are many users who would like to see KDE in public more
and more.
Those ads don't need to be sprayed on the car (but still could be, imagine a
KDE car ;-) ). There are foils you could glue to a door or the windows.
As I wrote this to a member of the marketing list, there already was the idea
of small stickers you could put on the window for example as it would be a
lot less expensive.

As it was my idea, I surely would offer some place on my own car if you like
this idea.
Four (personal) show stoppers are to mention:
1. I'm located in Germany. If there'd be a slogan, it should be in German.
2. Someone who comes up with nice ads and slogans would be needed.
3. My car is dark red, that doesn't go well with KDE blue :-(
4. I have no money to spend on this ad, so I would need someone who would
sponsor the costs for the whole thing. (I don't want any money for having
this on my car like companies would give me)

I hope you like my idea and I hear from you soon.

Best Regards
Christian Nitschkowski