List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] collecting information on the SME
From:       Mihnea Capraru <mihnea_capraru () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2005-11-20 14:51:23

--- "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo@kde.org> schrieb:

> hey all...
>
> when i got back from oslo (at least, i think it was
> then =) i sat down one
> afternoon and whipped this together:
>
> 	http://plasma.kde.org/smb_survey.php
>
> it is live, but i haven't announced it anywhere or
> anything of that sort. i
> did it as a personal excercise to see what this sort
> of thing would take
> effort-wise, what it could look like in the end,
> etc.
>
> it was done as part of my Grand Plan To Address The
> SME Market Issue,
> something i've been working on quietly for some time
> now and which is moving
> out of the data collection and self-education phase
> and into the
> experimenting with ideas stage.
>
> i'd like feedback from people if you'd care to offer
> it.

Maybe it would be helpful to know how they came into
using KDE. Especially interesting would be knowing how
many times the initiative stemmed from IT employees
(or perhaps even end users, although that's probably a
rare occurance).

This is because I hedge the temptative hypothesis that
the enterprise might be penetrated 'from within' - the
opinion of the IT professionals is respected in many
if not most of the enterprises, when it comes to
software choice.

Another interesting thing to do would be providing a
'secondary use' input field. Otherwise valuable
information could get obscured by the fact that
certain uses could be frequent within enterprises, but
rarely primary uses.

(Of course, adding more inputs also makes the survey
more cumbersome, and less people take it)

How will the survey get to the relevant survey takers?
(Or is this thread supposed to only focus on the
content, not delivery?)

Mihnea