List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About the Free Software Association
From:       Josef Spillner <spillner () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-17 8:32:43

El Jueves, 17. Noviembre 2005 00:23, Mihnea Capraru escribió:
> Maybe the best solution would be designing KDE's own
> software freedom manifest.

Yes, this is similar to what I suggested during the europatents "blackout"
phase: If we cannot find our own words for our motivation, why should users
believe in our actions?

If they follow a link to the FSF, and then see a Donate button to help FLOSS,
they're going to donate to them in the perception of the FSF being some kind
of überproject of Free Software. However the achievements, this is not the
case. There are a lot of "information" pages (even the strange Y2K compliance
page is still there - WTH?), so I guess a "why we use (l)gpl etc." page would
fit in there, too.

Josef