List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE friendly press agencies/officers
From:       Tom Chance <tom () acrewoods ! net>
Date:       2005-06-21 8:19:33

On Tuesday 21 Jun 2005 07:52, Fabrice Mous wrote:
> In short: I think we should create a press list and list of websites who
> can pick up our news/articles. I was thinking of using the Kolab facility
> that we have for that. That way we can manage addresses and mailings. Mind
> you that KDE-NL already uses a shared addressbook for these thing with
> EGroupware [1]. This accessible from within Kontact.
>
> So .. talking is easy :) but we need actions. Well, I intend to create
> several seperate groups on Kolab and one of them should be kde-promo. As
> my exam period ends at 15th July, don't expect anything sooner.
>
> But before steaming ahead (which is good) any thoughts about this?

Well it sounds great :) I'd like to make sure, though, that the Kolab solution
can be made to work with the SpreadKDE site I'm working on. Having a shared
address book accessible in Kontact and other (I assume) LDAP compatible
applications will be appreciated. But we can go much further by providing
task and volunteer management on a website that is accessible to everyone
with a web browser, and that is pushed in a way that is very open.

There are LDAP modules for Drupal, but AFAIK they're only for authentication.
I'll look into the contact management side...

We'll also need to discuss the records and organisation first. For example,
I'd want to be able to assign multiple, overlapping, freely chosen tags to
each contact such as "floss", "friendly" (for individuals), "trade", and so
on. I'd also want a field for circulation ("internet", "world", "france"),
and probably more besides :)

Regards,
Tom

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,