List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Press Release
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-03-09 21:17:47

On Wednesday 09 Mar 2005 21:05, Achim Woessner wrote:
> so these are the features I got so far (I am sorry I have not put them in
> any order yet):

Just a few wording suggestions... at the moment some of these are a bit
obscure. Apologies for not suggesting these before.

> * KDE Text-to-Speech System (ktts)
> * KSayIt for reading longer texts
> * Speech synthesis support in Konqueror, Kate and KPDF

What about putting these into one bigger point, such as:

* Text-to-speech system with support built into Konqueror, Kate and KPDF and
standalone application KSayIt

> * KPDF now supports PDF 1.5, password protected PDFs and the extraction of
> pictures and text from PDF files

These are IMO the wrong way around. The latter points are the most important.
I'd suggest:

- KPDF now enables you to select, copy and paste text & images from PDFs,
along with many other interface improvements. It also supports password
protected documents and the PDF standard version 1.5

> * Support for album covers in JuK

What does this mean? I'd suggest:

- Juk now automatically downloads album covers and displays them in (app
window? tooltip? notification bubble?)

> * KMail now supports KWallet

Again, what does this mean to anyone but a KDE fan? Suggest:

- KMail now stores passwords and other sensitive data securely with KWallet

(remove the "other sensitive data" bit if untrue!)

> As I have said I have quite a lot of work to do at the moment, so maybe if
> you know some other features which are worth to be mentioned just e-mail
> them, I would appreciate it.

Otherwise it's looking good. Good work :)

Regards,
Tom