List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Open Source Developers Conference in Vienna on 17th
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-02-17 22:24:31

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 20:56, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to let you know, I'm doing a KDE and KOffice presentation
> tomorrow on the OS conference in vienna. Get the details here:
>
> http://www.opensource.co.at/download/osdevcon05.pdf
>
> (if you want to come, please register here:
> http://www.computerwelt.at/detailArticle.asp?a=89141.)
>
> The focus of the presentation is about the KDE technology, recent
> KDE developments, KOffice and especially "KDE is ready for
> Enterprise".
>
> I have put most of the slides together, and am quite content with
> them so far. I would maybe like to commit them to kdepromo as well.
> So maybe someone can tell me whom I should send the slides to get
> them committed - or change the commit policies of kdepromo(?).
>
> Whatever, hope it all works out fine in Vienna tomorrow :)
>
> Raphael

So... presentation is over, people were quite interested, also asked
some questions... there were not that many people at the conference
though, so I guess I had about 15 to 20 people listening. Also met a
couple of interesting people there of course.

Some were actually interested in the PDF editing feature of KWord,
this seems to be a quite interesting business requirement!! If
possible we should improve it even more. Situation of OOo and KOffice
was also a question... (see my interview on the dot for my opinion -
basically KOffice has a better base and has more components, but is
of course a younger project. But both will share the same file format
in the near future).

Whom should I send the slides so they can be included in kdepromo. I
would also like to ask for write access to kdepromo, because I'll be
doing more KDE presentations on such events in Austria.

Regards,
Raphael