List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 2004 LinuxQuestions.org Members Choice Award
From:       Segedunum <segedunum () actuaria ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-02-06 17:52:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 06:33:36, Stephan Binner wrote:
> Desktop Environment of the Year - KDE (58.25%)        [2003: 55.93%]

The silent majority speaks again! No real shock there. An object lesson in how
reality often bears little relation to how some people would tell you, or
wish, things to be.

> Web Development Editor of the Year - Quanta (50.88%)  [2003: 49.26%]

Well done the Quanta people. In terms of functionality and quality it is far
in excess of Bluefish, and shows that patience pays off.

> IDE of the Year - KDevelop (37.77%)

Incredible. KDevelop is a good IDE, but I thought there would have been more
for Eclipse. MonoDevelop isn't even on there.

> File Manager of the Year - Konqueror (30.59%)

So some people must use it then?!

> Browser of the Year - Konqueror (8.34%) [1st Firefox, beating Mozilla]

Yer. The Firefox bandwagon has done a good job.

> Mail Client of the Year - KMail (21.79%) [1st Thunderbird, beating
> Evolution]

Times certainly are changing. I wonder how many people actually run
Thunderbird on Linux? Anyway. I think some sort of tide has turned against
Evo, especially considering that it is now really more bug-ridden than it has
ever been and the people at Novell are apparently going to port it to
Windows! I just wonder how many of their employees are actually using
it......

Well done to everybody. It just goes to show that if you keep on trucking your
effort pays off. It certainly has done for Quanta, and I think it will for
KOffice and Kopete.

Cheers,

David