List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] 2004 LinuxQuestions.org Members Choice Award Winners
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2005-02-06 13:03:05

Aaron, where did you get the numbers from ?

All in all, the results are very good. Many major KDE applications are
first, all KDE applications have better results than last years and many
good applications are second, beating their Gnome equivalent.

> File Manager of the Year - Konqueror (30.59%)

That's especially nice. Where is Nautilus ? :-)

> Editor of the Year - Kate (17.24%) [1st vi/vim, beating Emacs]

I interviewed a lot of interns this year. The one that do not use Vim or
Emacs use either Kate, KWrite or KDevelop. I would not have believed
that it was possible to make a text editor a killer app in KDE.

	regards,

	Philippe