List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Re: [kde-gb] Speed improvements expected in KDE 4
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-01-14 20:13:45

On Friday 14 January 2005 18:07, Tom Chance wrote:

> On Friday 14 Jan 2005 17:30, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39184118,00.htm
> >
> > Possibly not the best approach to PR: "There is not a lot of really new
> > stuff".
> >
> > Richard: when did you get to talk to silly reporters?
>
> There ought to be a cross-KDE warning sent out about interviews in general,
> but also Ingrid Marson in particular since we've had experience of this kind
> with her before :)

I dont think the bottom line of that article, or the ones she wrote
before are unfavourable at all to KDE. Quite the contrary. I think
it gives people a "heads up!".

> Think of three messages to give the journalist - no more, maybe fewer - that
> best promote KDE, and stick to them. That way you can be sure that the
> journalist won't pick up on some small point you make and run with it in a
> way you didn't intend.

I agree with that point. But it is much more difficult to say something
in front of an interviewing journalist (or on the phone) that you wouldnt
want to improve once you read your own words (or what they made of it)
than putting it into a perfect wording on first try.

The rule "think about 3 positive things you want to say and make sure you
put them across enthusiastically" is a good advice for all sorts of
interviews, though.

Cheers,
Kurt