List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] events web site overhaul
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-15 1:27:05

Ahoy,

I was looking around the KDE web site thinking where the press pack could go.
At the moment we have the events area, but that's really focussed on events
rather than promotion in general. And there are parts of promotion work
scattered across other parts of the web site.

Since events are but one part of the promotional activities of the KDE
community, would it not make more sense to have a promotion section? It would
contain the events calendar, resources for events and more general use
(including the press pack), information for the press (contacts, press
releases) and perhaps Steven's press clippings & whitepapers.

It would tie in with the Quality Teams pages, where the HOWTOs would reside.
It would tie into the enterprise web site, where we show success stories,
articles, business and so on. It would tie into the main KDE web pages where
we give general information about KDE, etc.

This would be a bit of an architectural change in the web site, but I think it
would make sense, at least to consider. What do people think?

Regards,
Tom