List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Press Clippings
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-15 1:09:30

On Tuesday 14 Dec 2004 23:03, Steven William Giacomelli wrote:
> On December 14, 2004 12:36 pm, Tom Chance wrote:
> > On Tuesday 14 Dec 2004 03:37, Steven William Giacomelli wrote:
> > > I'm not sure if something like this exists for KDE but is there or has
> > > there been an attempt to mantain a clean db of press quotes\summaries
> > > involving KDE in the media sorted by a Geographic Region\Crediblity?
> >
> > The closest KDE seems to have come is this page:
> > http://www.kde.org/stuff/press.php
> >
> > But it's horribly out of date. In fact, it should probably be removed
> > from the main menu until somebody takes over maintaining it.
> >
> > Searching Google News is a fair substitute.
>
> Yah but you need something concise thats maintained actively so you can
> prepare talking points for media\promotional efforts on a regular basis.

Would a wiki suffice? Or do you envisage something more powerful? The features
you mention above (sorting by region, credibility, focus, for example)
suggest a wiki wouldn't do.

But it might be an interesting project for an open interface to be set-up, and
to invite the entire KDE community to submit, in a particular format, all
press mentions they notice.

Regards,
Tom