List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Competitor Review
From:       "Barry O'Donovan" <barry.odonovan () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-12-12 23:02:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hey Steve,

I havn't had a chance to read your document yet but I have been
following mailing list comments.

On Sunday 12 December 2004 22:44, Steven William Giacomelli wrote:
> Not sure where i read that but i think i read something to that
> effect somewhere -- again i'm not attesting to its accuracy

It's incredably important when doing this kind of a review that you
reference all of your sources, just as you would with any other
technical or scientific paper.

Was it originally in KWord format? I'm not sure it has a referencing
system but something as simple as:

A paragraph blah blah. X is far superior to Y in terms of Z [1]. Blah
blah.

[1] J. Bloggs, "His Document Title", web address/journal/etc, date if
known.
[2] ...
[3] ...

If you can reference your sources your document will have a lot more
value and stand up against far more scrutiny. In particular, people
will take less of an issue with what you've written and more of an
issue with your sources!

Best regards,
Barry

--