List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Competitor Review
From:       Henrique Pinto <stampede () coltec ! ufmg ! br>
Date:       2004-12-12 13:57:49

Em Dom 12 Dez 2004 08:17, Tom Chance escreveu:
> Let's not have this document fall into saying nonsense like freedom doesn't
> matter. It does, otherwise we'd all be working on proprietary software. So
> I wouldn't start suggesting that freedom is important to GNOME and that's a
> competitivge disadvantage, or that freedom isn't important to KDE.

I understood what Steven said in another way. In my understanding, most people
simply don't care whether KDE is free software or not, perhaps because they
simply don't know what free software is. Therefore, we should tell people how
great KDE is, and then tell them that KDE is only that great because it is
developed in an open and free way. In short: telling someone she should use
KDE because it is free won't really work...

--
 Henrique Pinto
 stampede@coltec.ufmg.br