List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Interview/Story
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-03-18 10:34:22

On Thursday 18 March 2004 05:14, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > This is quite serious.  Perhaps you should find out what it is first
> > and why it's significant before you pass judgement.
>
> I *always* pass judgements without first finding out what the
> topic is! I think most people do, and so do I. Trying to find
> out facts first before judging hurts and makes the head ache,
> didn't you know?
>
> Also, in this special case, there is *no way* to find out
> *anything*. Therefore I command you to first let this thing
> climb onto Google's radar before bothering the general public
> of this great list with it again. Or provide other hints about
> where it could be digged out....

  Ok I gave you a chance, but you are speaking like a imbicile now.  We have
this situation:

1) Scientist develops application for major international projects, plans to
extend it, needs a new toolkit.
2) Discovers KDE, evaluates others, decides that KDE provides the best
infrastructure.
3) Develops KDE application over several years, is used in more and more
projects.
4) Scope grows so large that developer*s* are hired to work on this KDE
application over 2-4 years.
5) Kurt pays his taxes.
6) Tax money funds European Space Agency project "PLANCK".  Application will
be used in this project by scientists in many countries to view the data.
Use google for more info about how your tax money is being spent.

   If a success story of using KDE for public sector application development
and deployment is not a good promotional story in your eyes, you have some
things to learn about promotion.  It also means that a bunch of stories, such
as the "City of Largo" and "Displayworks" (just two for example) were equally
bad ideas.

   The view I portrayed above is not even the whole story of Kst, just a small
snapshot.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/