List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Interview/Story
From:       "Kurt Pfeifle" <kpfeifle () danka ! de>
Date:       2004-03-18 10:14:41

George Staikos wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 04:59, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>
> > George Staikos wrote:
> >
> > > Is anyone interested in doing an interview and/or dot story about Kst,
> > > how it's being used, why it was developed using KDE libraries, etc?  I
> > > think it would be a great KDE success story.  I can provide background
> > > information, since it's quite unlikely you have ever used Kst or even
> > > know what it is. :)
> >
> > I think it is an extremely bad idea to promote an unknown
> > app. We shouldn't give airtime for free to obscure programs
> > which haven't even suceeded to climb into Google's top
> > 100.000 ranks.
> >
> > What's more, this question is completley OT here! This list
> > is about serious work and discussions to promote KDE! What
> > the hell do you think you can achieve by providing background
> > info about a mystery whose only real justification for existence
> > is the "k" in its name? The "k" doesn't qualify any longer for
> > special treatment, ya'know?
>

> This is quite serious.  Perhaps you should find out what it is first and
> why it's significant before you pass judgement.

I *always* pass judgements without first finding out what the
topic is! I think most people do, and so do I. Trying to find
out facts first before judging hurts and makes the head ache,
didn't you know?

Also, in this special case, there is *no way* to find out
*anything*. Therefore I command you to first let this thing
climb onto Google's radar before bothering the general public
of this great list with it again. Or provide other hints about
where it could be digged out....