List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Introduction
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2004-03-16 19:37:53

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 19:53, Bill Kendrick wrote:
[...]
> Will do!  I might ask around here for some help.  Definitely will look
> at the KDE Promo site for some help. :^)

hmm .. well promo.kde.org doesn't exist anymore. I know there exist some kind
of CVS-module with promo stuff like presentations, banners, cards etc ...

[...]
> > Could make a nice story :)
>
> Next time I visit him, maybe I'll 'interview' him on what he likes and
> doesn't like, how he compares KDE/Linux to his old MacOS8, and how it
> compares to his expectations about computers in general. :^)
>
> I'll also take some photos of him using it. ;^)

That's nice, please do so and submit it to dot.kde.org

> > > I'm also on the kde-kiosk list, and have set up two Linux-based
> > > kiosks in my community.  Most recently, a Debian/Woody system running
> > > IceWM + Konqueror. ( http://www.lugod.org/photos/chamonix/ )
> >
> > Link does not seem to work (at least not here). Anyway I think KIOSK
> > needs more attention!
>
> Hrm.  What's wrong with the link on your end?  Comes up fine for me,
> of course! :^)

Hmm .. yeah comes up fine now :)

nice thing to know, maybe this can be submitted at enterprise.kde.org

[....]
> > Well you want to help with some stuff? What are your plans? Tell me ...
>
> Well, I have no idea! :^)  I've just been doing my own little
> 'infiltrations' when possible, and of course always recommend people
> at least TRY Linux.  KDE's "full-fledge-ness" definitely helps make it
> palettable to the unwashed masses. ;^)

Hmm Tom Chance is doing an interview about a computer lab who is using KDE. We
can have more of those. Also the KDE brochures need some work. The guys at
kde-events-us already did a nice job with Quanta en KDevelop but more work is
to be done there.

I personally I'm also busy with some kind of promo effort wrt kde-apps.org and
kde-look.org. I'm looking for some people who are willing to help me with
this. We are now a team of two and all help is appreciated.

[...]
> Now, to learn C++ (or at least get a newer copy of Kommander working) so I
> can start contributing more than bug/wishlist to KDE. ;)

Well rock on  :)

Fab

--
JID: fab@vosberg.be