List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Novell comments on the future of KDE in SuSE
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2003-11-05 11:59:55

> If I read this correctly, they intend to phase out KDE support on SuSE,
> or make it an option/add-on.  I guess some people have to result to
> sucker punches when they can't win the fight any other way.

This is very very bad news. How many KDE developers does Suse support ?

And if I understood correctly, Novell has strong patnerships with IBM. I am
afraid that we are witnessing the beginning of a push aside of KDE in the
enterprise world.

	Philippe

--
An open source OS for contactless Smart Cards
http://www.jayacard.org - Jayacard