List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo]
From:       Éric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2003-09-18 7:48:10

Le Mercredi 17 Septembre 2003 20:41, Klaus Staerk a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> On Tuesday 16 September 2003 22:18, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 September 2003 15:30, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > > We (LUG of Strasbourg and FFII) are organizing a demonstration against
> > > software patents next week.
> >
> > Ok, my home page participates.
> > How will KDE act this time ?
> > I am for participating in some way.
>
> KDE Germany participates (in one way) by adding a news item to the webpage
> plus banner info at http://www.kde.de
>
> News item is available at http://www.kde.de/news/news.php#487
>
> Maybe we find other ways to participate here?

Hi Klaus,

I can see two ways :

- By encouraging in the mailing lists the people to go to Strasbourg that day

- By participating to the online strike. It means to replace KDE main pages by
a page giving explanations on the danger of software patents, linking to the
FFII site and to the real KDE site, so users can still access KDE with one
additional click. There are already hundreds of such "closed" web sites.

--
Hum.
(Fred: "Philémon", tome 2)