List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] HCC-dagen ... big event in the Netherlands
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-07-01 8:06:49

Op vrijdag 27 juni 2003 17:19, schreef Josef Spillner:
[...]

Ola Josef,

[...]
> > Because it is a commercial event. With stands from all sort of shops were
> > you can buy stuff. It is a event where people buy loads of stuff for pc
> > usage. But also MS and Sun were there last year and some local ip's and
> > so on...
>
> if a whole booth is not possible, there's still the "cebit way" of having
> KDE developers at other booths.
> Linuxland is unfortunately the only vendor I know from the exhibitors list
> > / But maybe one of the hardware vendors can be persuaded into showing off
> with a KDE desktop?

Linuxland is pretty much dead afaik. The people behind nedlinux
(www.nedlinux.nl) were behind this commercial idea.

BTW Josef .... you know some people here in the Netherlands ?

> o)

> If truly no-one there has any interest in that, I doubt the visitors will
> have either. But then again, how could they, if all the desktop they see
> there are all the same...

Well, I will be on that event anyway and will do my kde-promo thing. But I
very much limited for what I'm allowed to do. For example: I got a little
konqi with me and everyone was asking the price of this konqi. Also selling
cd's or pins would generate some income during such a large event.

In the past people were really asking for all kind of Linux-merchandise, from
mousepads to stuffed mascottes .. pinguin or konqi.

We will see what happens ... I will mail the NLLGG again soon when their
answer to my mail is taking too long.

Fab

--
Fabrice Mous