List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE CVS Developers Edition of Knoppix (Knopdex)
From:       Mark Bucciarelli <mark () easymailings ! com>
Date:       2003-06-30 4:12:48

On Friday 27 June 2003 1:02 am, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> Well, since I seem to be the leader of the opposition here, I'll
> throw in my € .02 .  :-)
>
> So, some of the mentioned strong points were:
> > - wannabe kde developer can get up and going very quickly
>
> Well, while I don't mean to trivialize building KDE, as it
> certainly is an learned skill, but someone that's hoping to get
> involved in KDE development should be able to aquire -- I mean, to
> be honest, building KDE is the easiest step of learning KDE
> development.  ;-)  (And note that just for starting to learn the
> basics of Qt / kdelibs, you certainly aren't required to use KDE
> from CVS.)

sometimes, even experienced KDE developers find building from cvs a
barrier to development.

see this thread from yesterday:
http://lists.kde.org/?t=105689697300002&r=1&w=2

My sense of the discussion is that there is support for promoting a
"Knoppix for KDE Contributors, assuming it is given enough "dangerous
cargo" labels and warnings.  Vibe-check?

If so, maybe we should burn some for RMLL, LinuxTag and the SanFran
LinuxExpo (and some U.K. event?) and sell them at a 100% markup ($3
ea?)   Simple rules--get 50 shipped to you, and you must return n +
$d, such that n + d/3 = 100.  or just burn your own ...

we'll need a dangerous cargo label ...

Mark